Writing your own wedding vows is no joke, it can feel stressful! But the key is to let it come naturally and try not to stress over them.
While you’re up there sharing your word to your future spouse, their heart is filled, people are smiling, tearing up (even me). You’re making a promise to them, it’s special. Spill that heart out to them, it’s the best feeling ever.
However, I know how difficult this task may be, I’ve been in your shoes…and I want to help!
HOW TO START
Grab a notebook and pen and begin with writing everything down. I like to call it a brain dump ⏤ everything that you feel that’s on your mind, just write it down.
Go through old photos and mementos ⏤ how do those memories make you feel? Why are those moments your favorite?
Create a notes section in your phone dedicated to your vows. When your out and about and you think of something, write it down as soon as possible.
HELPFUL WRITING PROMPTS
- Your favorite traits about your fiance
- Perks of being with them
- What are you looking forward to the most?
- Life before you two met
- How you felt when you first met
- Special adventures + moments to reflect on
- What makes you love them?
- How does your fiance make you feel special?
- What kind of life do you want to build
- Any future dreams or adventures to share together
- Moments your fiance has helped you or taught you
STEP ONE : Write out your heart in your first draft
STEP TWO : Edit your draft
STEP THREE : Finalize vows
STEP FOUR : Write your vows in your vow book
STEP FIVE : Practice, practice, practice!
YOU CAN DO IT!
Take it one day at a time and enjoy every moment of your engagement. Don’t rush it or stress out, you can do it! It only takes one thing to write the perfect vows ⏤ being in love. ❤️
Don’t forget to read ‘12 Things You May Forget When Planning‘