There are so many things to do and vendors to book when planning your wedding. I believe the most important vendors to book asap are the following: the venue, the caterer, the florist and the photographer. Not only do these vendors (as well as a few others) work on a first come first served basis but they need plenty of time to prep your wedding details before the big day!
1) THE WEDDING
First off, you need to determine the date you are getting married and your budget.
Setting your date : what to consider
- Are you getting married in the summer, fall, winter, or spring? Summer and Fall are the most common!
- Will it be close to home or a destination wedding? Do you want the whole family or do you want to elope?
- Weekday or weekend? Saturdays are the most popular!
Setting your budget : what to consider
- Who is helping out
- Figure out a rough guest count
- Choose your non-negotiables
- Do your research!
- Leave a little extra
- Be realistic
2) YOUR STYLE
There are so many gorgeous weddings out there but they all have on thing in common, they have a style! Here is a list of just some ideas!
- Rustic – barn venue, string lights, mason jars, and wooden decor!
- Vintage – antique decor, classic getaway car, romantic and very soft!
- Tropical – on a beach, flowy dresses, and vibrant colors
- Garden – typically at a garden venue, lots of flowers, and elegant!
- Bohemian – boho dresses, rugs, fairy lights, and very laid back!
- Industrial – exposed brick walls and muted colors.
- Modern – minimalistic design, geometric shapes, and bold colors
3) THE VENUE
Now that you have your date set, figured out how much to spend on a venue and know a rough idea on how many people you are having ⏤ it’s time to find a venue!! Create a list of venues you are loving, set up tours and ask a lot of questions while you are there!
Finding your dream venue : what to consider
- Is your date available?
- Do they have restrictions on vendors?
- What is their max guest count?
- How much is their deposit?
4) AFTER BOOKING THE VENUE
- Book the remaining vendors; the photographer, DJ, florist, caterer, etc.
- Pick your colors
- Choose your squad
- Dress shopping! It’s time to have some fun!
- Send out save-the-dates. You’ve locked in your venue and date, it’s official!
Hopefully these tips got you onto the right track, now go out and get your dream venue! Happy planning!
Vendors in the post:
Florist | The Flowerman
Wedding Gowns | The Bride Babe
Hair & Makeup Artist | Carla Pfeiffer @carla.annbeauty
Models | Kerrigan @kkquiet23, Mitchell @mitchilli22